Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Domestic Adoption

Hmm... quite different than yesterday's post. It's weighing HEAVY on me: Domestic Adoption. As I posted on FF, not one single pregnancy in more than six years of trying. Granted, for the last year to 18 months I seriously struggled with endometriosis--but still, minus that and you have at LEAST 4 years of trying.

So at what point do you consider adoption, seriously consider adoption? I would love to have an infant, however, a child between the ages of 2 to 4 would be peachy! Paul and I have discussed this about a year ago and we decided that we definitely want Jaecob to remain the oldest. We'd love to have a little girl, but I KNOW that whomever God will send our way will be loved just the same. We could invest money into my body and hope that we would conceive. However, statistically the cards are stacked against us. If we invest money into me and it "doesn't work" then the money is gone---I know it's a chance we take. BUT, if we invest money into an adoption, there will be a wait, but there are thousands upon thousands of kids that are looking for a forever home. Chances are much better... right?

So for those of you who do read this and do pray, please pray for us as we consider our options. There are a lot more stringent "rules" and "red tape" that must be fought through for adoption... but any Joe Blow can become a parent. We'll have to entertain Social Workers and homestudies and right now I have no clue on how we would afford the actual adoption itself, but the Lord will provide and glean knowledge on us. Pray that 2010 is a year of resolution for finances and savings and guidance AND MIRACLES (in any fashion). Heartfelt thanks.

No comments: