Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Doabetes

Someone might think that I've made a typo. My phone seems to think this is how Diabetes is spelled. I have a "Swipe" keyboard function on my phone which means I can put my finger on the first letter of word and swipe to the next letters to spell them out rather than to touch every individual letter. Quite convenient--

--when it knows what I'm trying to say. Diabetes; not doabetes. Or is it?

I tend to think that phone knows what I'm doing. I'm Doing A'Betes! I'm doing this every day of my life. I'm living it. I'm managing it--whatever that means. But I AM doing it.

I think there are some major happenings on the bend for me and my fight in diabetes. I think that God has graced me with the gift of encouragement. I've seen so many hearts hardened by this disease--with good reason--but there are so many pluses that I believe are being swept by the wayside. When we push aside the blessings of our situation we fail to recognize God himself. "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Cor. 2:9

I cannot pretend to know what God is doing in His work in me right now, but I do know this. He IS working and guiding and leading and I pray that I am following in the right way. In this, I know He will be honored.

1 comment:

Jules said...

when i initially read the title, i read it like homer simpson (doh!-abetes). had to chuckle. totally agree, cannot pretend to know how God will turn this all around for our good, but he does promise that to those who love him :)