Tuesday, October 4, 2011

StepOut! Walk to FIGHT!

One day before my birthday, I will walk to fight.

It will be my first StepOut walk. I've done the Susan G. Komen thing (for my friend). I've done the Leukemia thing (for my dad). I've supported causes and diseases by buying jewelry, candles, shirts, bracelets. I've sang in numerous fundraising events for cancer patients.

But on October 8th. IT WILL BE ALL ABOUT ME. I'm a Red Strider! I am a Type 1 Diabetic. I raised $1,006 to support my walk, my son is walking with me and my friend is walking with me. I'm going to try not to cry. I don't cry because of the enormity of my disease. I cry for the support I will feel from the 1,000+ people who will be there. I don't want it to be overwhelming but it's so easy to feel removed from the situation when it's not happening to you. But it's happening to me. I am in the midst of it all.

Yet, I am blessed. Boy, am I blessed. I have a philosophy that whenever you think you have problems--go on any day of the week and sit at Children's Hospital.

This morning I am praying for a very special diabetic family who have seen their share of troubles in the past 2 years, but particularly in the last 2 months. They probably don't read my blog and that's ok but you are heavy on my heart today and I lift you up to the Lord, our God who reigns today, tomorrow and forever--THE God who knows our plans better than we know ourselves.

There are so many lives that I am aware of who need special prayer today. It's almost overwhelming. But I know my God and I know that there is nothing that is overwhelming for him. I'll just give it all to Him today...

No comments: